Lasseter “Community Service.” To lure travelers back to their town,
the townsfolk want McQueen to race in their first-ever
Radiator Springs Grand Prix. He refuses, choosing instead
standard community service. crickets chirping So, what is standard community service? I don’t know.
Guess you’ll find out tomorrow. Lights out. engine rumbles Lightning groans – Mater Look, he’s waking up.
– Doc How’re you feeling, son? Lightning Oh, I feel kind of funny. Huh, that’s weird.
Everything came out OK. You’ll be feeling
like yourself in no time. Sheriff OK, Doc, let’s get him ready
for community service. Lightning Wha… Wha…
gasping What have you done to me? You put my engine… in a steamroller?! You asked for community service, dummy. No, no, no! You guys are nuts!
This place is crazy! grunting, revs engine – I’ve gotta get out of here!
– What’s he doing? – screaming
– toots horn chuckling I think
he’s trying to escape. continues screaming siren blaring You stay away from me! gasping – liquid bubbling
– moaning Oh! – squirting
– Aw! Oh! – spraying
– moaning Sheriff Look, he’s a natural. Mater Whoo-whee! Thanks, Doc.
| always wanted to be a racecar. Doc My pleasure, Mater. – Lightning What are you doing?
– Mater Borrowing your body. You ain’t using it.
I’ll give it back when you’re done. You’re all monsters. – rewing engine, engine sticks
– No! The clutch… No, no, no! – Oh!
– Mater crashes Don’t you wreck my body. Mater I put the silly thing
in reverse. tires squealing Lightning Mack? He’s back. Oh, thank goodness.
Mack! Over here! Lightning! I couldn’t stay mad at you. – Mack Nice road.
– Lightning That’s not me, it’s him. – You’ve got the wrong car!
– Mack Let’s get you to the track. You got a race to win. Male Racecar Good to see ya! Sorry
about the mix-up. Just get in here. Lightning No! You can’t! I always wanted to be a racecar. No! No! Somebody stop him! He’s stealing my body!
He’s stealing my life! What you babbling about, boy?
You still got a lot of work to do. echoing No! Lightning groans – Mater Look, he’s waking up.
– Doc How’re you feeling, son? gasping Sheriff OK, Doc, let’s get him ready
for community service. Not community service! Not that! I’ll do the race!